Recognizing the massive and growing need for families dealing with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, The Morning Pointe Foundation invites the greater Nashville, Tennessee area to a FREE community awareness event to hear Kim Campbell, wife and caregiver of country music legend Glen Campbell.
Mrs. Campbell will speak about her personal journey as an Alzheimer’s caregiver March 30 at 7 p.m., at Brentwood Baptist Church (7777 Concord Road in Brentwood, Tennessee).
Ashley Briggs, from Morning Pointe in Franklin, TN, called the show to share more about this event.
About Morning Pointe Foundation
Morning Pointe Foundation is committed to improving the quality of life for caregivers and their loved ones by:
- Investing in geriatric scholarships, caregiver training and service-learning opportunities with community colleges, universities and centers on aging.
- Coordinating access to evidence-based models of care for aging and improved memory care.
- Opening resource rooms for the general public in Lantern Alzheimer’s Centers of Excellence.
- Supporting educational research, clinical and wellness initiatives that strengthen caregivers.
- Increasing public awareness of senior caregiver needs and challenges.
- Identifying best practices for alleviating caregiver stress based on applied sciences.
- Applying evidence-based models of care for person’s living with dementia and memory loss.
HOPE FOR THE CAREGIVER
Soon to head for a fourth printing, this book is strengthening caregivers across the country.
Written by one who truly understands the journey, Peter Rosenberger draws upon an astonishing three decades as a caregiver to offer practical advice, encouragement, compassion, and humor to fellow caregivers.